Immediate Dismissal can occur for the following reasons: class disruption and misconduct, cheating, or any unlawful actions such as drug use or carrying a weapon. No refunds will be issued to student if immediate dismissal and termination are required.
In order to ensure the quality of our graduates, students must adhere to our attendance policy, as follows:
1. If a student misses any time, he/she must discuss the make-up procedure with an instructor.
2. Students must supply instructor with verification of your absence, from an appropriate source.
3. Acceptable excused absences are as follows: Illness of yourself or immediate family member, death in the family, disabling traffic accident, court appearance, jury duty or military duty.
4. Students must make up all missed time
Students who have failed a test will have one opportunity to retake the test.
If student is having difficulty performing skills they will be given the opportunity to master skills with assistance of instructors.
MAKE UP TIME
All make up schedules must be arranged with the instructor.
A= 90%-100%--------------------Well Above Average Grade
B=80%-89%----------------------Above Average Grade
*F=69% and below----------------Failing Grade
*All students must complete each section with a grade of 70% or better in order to graduate the C.N.A. Training Program and qualify to the Connecticut State Licensing Exam. If a student fails the C.N.A. Training Program and would like to repeat the training, they must pay another tuition and seat deposit fee of $825 and re-enroll as a new student.
NO REFUNDS ISSUED IF STUDENT FAILS PROGRAM OR WITHDRAWS FROM PROGRAM AFTER START DATE.
- · You may cancel this Agreement within 5 BUSINESS DAYS following the signing of this Agreement and receive a refund of your $300 deposit to secure your seat
- · Students who wish to RESCHEDULE the start of their training 5 BUSINESS DAYS after signing this Agreement will incur an additional registration fee of $150. for each reschedule class
- · Students who have not cancelled the Agreement BEFORE the class start date and DO NOT ATTEND their scheduled class will not be entitled to any refund
- · Students entitled to a refund will receive a check within 30 days of cancellation
No Smoking at all on School Grounds and Buildings as per City Ordinance.
In case of school cancellations or delays as well as emergencies, the C.N.A. Preparatory School will notify WTNH-Channel 8, First Alert System. We only cancel in the worst weather. Healthcare workers are essential staff and must report to work under the more severe weather conditions.
A felony conviction may prohibit student from obtaining employment in a health care facility. Background checks may be required for employment and to begin your clinical.
Upon graduation, the student will receive a diploma. Fees for the State Exam are the responsibility of each student and separate from this program.
CNA PREPARATORY SCHOOL CANNOT GUARANTEE PLACEMENT AS A CNA FOLLOWING THE COMPLETION OF THIS PROGRAM.
The CNA Preparatory School’s complaint/inquiry procedure provides for an immediate, thorough, and objective review/investigation of any complaint or inquiry regarding the school’s operation as well as the conduct of all students and instructors.
If you have a complaint and/or inquiry you are encouraged to communicate the complaint and/or inquiry to your Instructor as soon as possible. All complaints and inquiries should include as much information concerning the subject matter of the complaint and/or inquiry. If you are unable to resolve your complaint please contact the Director. All complaints and/or inquiries that are filed with the School Director will be investigated immediately, thoroughly, and objectively. Once the investigation is completed, the findings will be communicated to you.
If the complaint and/or inquiry is not resolved to your satisfaction, you should contact:
Office of Higher Education
61 Woodland Street
Hartford, CT 06015
Telephone No. (860) 947-1816
Fax. No. (860) 947-1310